Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Called ID Block 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWorld

Technical User
Jul 29, 2004
US
Hi Guys,

I am on a Meridian option 61-81 system
I have security asking me, They want to add another line
to there current 2616 set. They want Caller ID Blocked on that line.

Not the phone, but just that line, is that possible?

Steve

Hi Gys,

I think i found the area CLID is where you tell the phone
what to diaplay for caller ID. I am guessing 0 is default for display XXX-XXX-XXXX the full number.

I tried 1, 2 and 3 with no different results. I guess if I am in the correct area. can some one tell me how to program the switch for different CLID's ?

someplay there has to be a spot to
set up the clid what to display.

example 0 = full display

example 1= non display

example 2= 000-000-0000
something like that ?

thanks guys

yes, just add a new clid table or modify a unused entry. then at the key x 2312 y with y =to the table entry.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi Johnpoole,

Can you direct me to the load where to create a new clid table. I have never done this before.

Thanks Steve

sure, i'll post the code tomorrow, sorta a strange gate opener..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Just as a suggestion, have you offered to set up the FFC to block Caller ID? I did this in my 81C without any issues, and then they can call using *67, then AC1, then the number. For example, *67,9, 303-555-6666 will go out the same normal path, but the far end will show "Restricted Number" or "Number Unavailable" on their caller ID.

In LD 57, do this:

REQ CHG
TYPE FFC
CUST xx (whatever your cust number is)
FFCT (Return)
CODE CPP
CPP *67 (or any other code you want)

This will allow ANY caller to block their info from being presented.

Just a thought.

Scott M.

I did *967 as my call id block but when i call a number from an i2004 IP set the phone # still appears. Do you have any idea on how can i block the phone # from displaying? BTW, I am on option 11c and I just followed the above command.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back