Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallBack while keeping place in line issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

teryx4

Programmer
Feb 10, 2015
US
All,

I have configured a call back IVR (using the callback_simple_number sample template). The CallBack works, but I am unable to get the keeping their place in queue to work. Can someone provide me with a script example that includes the capability for the caller to enter their number as well as keep their place in queue?

It should do this in R10.0+, but haven't found any info how to configure it.
Although I use my own callback script since I find the built in feature a bit limited.

If I remember correctly the callback_simple script uses dialer and dialer calls are always handled last.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

janni78,

Would you be willing to send me a pick of the IVR and Call Flow you used to make this work? I have tried this two different ways. Once with the canned script and the other I built myself and I am able to get the call back with queue position to work on that one, but I am unable to get an "enter your information" prompt to work. Any help is appreciated!

I don't think it would do much good to share my scripts, it takes me about 4 hours to implement them on a new customer and describing what they do would take more time than I can spare.
Basically I'm using IPOCC VMs for callback.

Easier if you show where you have issues and we can point you to the right direction.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back