Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callback on ISDN Dialup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi all,

I don't have very deep knowledge in Cisco routers, but I managed to setup a router so i can dial-in at my work. The thing is ....that i want to keep my own phone-bill in control so the router has to call me back.

Can anybody tell me what additional lines to add to my Cisco 1603 with IOS 12.0 so it will verify my username and password and then call my pc back. (It has to work under Win98 and win2000) Can anybody help ?

Thanx in advance.

Thijs

Hi Thijs

I know very little about this. I think you need to add the following to your dialer interface:

dialer caller <isdn_number> callback

Where <isdn_number> is the dialing number of the line of the equipment dialing in to the router. Don't ask me any more - I know very little about this.

One other thing: I believe you will have to have CLI and CLIP enabled on the line for the router to recognise any particular incoming calls, and so for dialback to work. Speak to your telco.

Please let me know if this works - if it doesn't I think you need to speak to someone with more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back