Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callback Module - Ideas??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool70

Technical User
Feb 25, 2015
US
Have a hospitality customer. Analog Room phones are still running on a Nortel CS1000. Staff using IPO SE. The two systems communicate using T-1/PRI. Customer wants housekeeping staff to test phones as part of room cleaning routine. Any clever ideas for the housekeeper to initiate a callback to the room being cleaned. My initial thought is to build a module in VM Pro where housekeeper calls a module, gets prompted to enter a room number, hangs up and VM Pro calls the room number entered and plays a recorded message. Not sure how I’m going to build that, but that’s the direction I’m thinking about pursuing. Any other ideas or suggestions regarding the above?

I created a Module and attach it here

I cannot test it at the moment as I am on the road on a Non-Avaya customer but it could work. If not then change the transfer to assisted transfer or park and page.

Good luck

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Wow! Thank you! I am doing an upgrade at a different customer's site this evening but I'll check it on my lab system tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back