Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callback from Win 2k Ras Server Failed with Msg 619

Status
Not open for further replies.

odysseasgr

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2003
GR
I connect a WIN2K Pro/SP3 pc to a WIN2K/SP3 ADV SERVER in which is enabled the RASS (Is not a domain or connected to any domain). I set the RASS to callback the client.
When the client dial-up the Server and then rejects the callback the connection is succesfull. But when i give a callback number then the Server calls back the client and after the Verifying Username and password, appears the error message 619: The specified port is already open.

I am suffering with the same symptoms.
Did you resolve your Error:619 The specified port is not connected? Please advise.
mark.spooner@investmaster.eu.com

I have a Port is Open message which is preventing me from connecting to a server. Can't see any reason for it.

Does anyone know what the answer is. It is Com2 itself that seems to be the problem. Have removed it, reinstalled and checked for driver updates but it still says that the port is open so I can't connect my modem to it.

I will need it this weekend so I really could do with some help from you guys.

Thanks in Advance

jenniferjames88@juno.com writes :-
I just got off of the phone a little while ago
with Compaq (still under warranty). I had a standard modem and a coexant
modem for some reason. They were conflicting with each other. We
uninstalled both then reinstalled the coexant. Let me know if you need
more details if you have 2 modems as well, otherwise, good luck. Thanks
again for the reply.
It didn't work for me, but it may for yourself. Good luck.
Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back