Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALL_FORM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypara

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
GB
Thanks for the recent reply to this one. Something springs to mind though. If I have a .fmx called AM01.fmx saved in the same directory as the form I'm using, and I have a trigger saying

CALL_FORM('AM01.fmx');

shouldn't this open thte form? At present I just get FRM-40010. If the forms are in the same location this should work????

I need to know how I can deploy a multi form application withouth having to hard code the letter of the drive, or the full path name, in the call_form statement.

e.g. call_form('H:\application_name\forms\FORM_NAME.FMX');

If I do this then all the forms MUST reside in that directory. Is there a way of calling the form no matter where it is located on the server?

How do you call the first form? Do you have a desktop or start menu icon that has a target of something like

c:\orawin95\bin\ifrun60.exe <form_path>\<form_name>.fmx

and a start in of something other than <form_path>?

Try setting the start in to the same directory as all your forms.

I'm just running it from the .fmb. It works fine when I put the full path in the call_form.

I have Forms applications in lots if different directories.

In that case it'll be down to the start in of the icon you used to start the designer. The icon will have a target of something like

c:\orawin95\bin\ifdes60.exe

and a start in of

c:\orawin95\forms60

Set the start in to point at your forms directory.

Thanks very much, that seems to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back