Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Whisper in IPCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJW

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
GB
Hi, new user to IPCC. Have been asked to add an call announcement (whisper\Call Type Announcment) to certain lines on our ICM instance.

Any ideas? The agents are auto answer...

Hi,

You can do this in IP IVR, you basically put the caller on hold and conference in the agent, play the agent a tone then transfer the call to the agent.

It's a simple, but tricky, script in the ivr.

Adminto, Any chance I could talk you in to sharing an example script to illustrate the "whisper" trick you mentioned? I have a fairly urgent need for this feature and would appreciate any help you could lend.

Thanks!

You can 'whisper' to agent using IPCC Express, but this facility does not exist in the other versions of IPCC (backwards I know!).

Adminto's solution works by using facilities in the ipivr to hold and conference the calls but in IPCC once an agent has been selected and is available there is no way to place the caller on hold and play a message to the agent.

Thanks for the clarification but I'm still not clear on what the step sequence would look like. Select agent > Hold > Prompt (what kind, where?) > Resume ?

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back