Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call waiting and touch tone issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

andru67

Technical User
Sep 11, 2004
CA
can't answer second incoming call on my cisco ip 7960 or analog phone. i'm running cisco ccm 3.1; mc3810 gateway ios 12.0(6r). I've configured the dial-peers and destination-patterns for the fx0 and fxs ports and am able to communicate out to the pstn, between set connected to the mc3810 ports, and with ip soft phones. the pstn line is equipped with call waiting, however, i can't answer them when presented to me on either device (ip or analog). my issues are as follows:

1 calls received on a set(ip soft or analog)are dropped when i try to click over to answer the call. In fact, I lose the orignal call as well (presented with dialtone).

2 can't navigate through menus (out to the pstn) when placing calls from the ip soft phone. however, when i place the same call from an analog set connected to a port on the mc3810, it works just fine.

I hope i've provided enough info. and laid it out in away that makes sense.

Andru67

1st issue:
Make sure that you apply on the directory number of the required phone more than one line by inceasing (maximum number of calls)... by the way can you transfer to another ext. ?? if no my solution will solve this also ....

2nd issue:
make sure that you are adding the associatd pc on global directory on your user also check if there is any filtering(router,pix,....) between PC and CCM that cause this problem ...

I've not yet had the opportunity to try out your suggestions. Will make the modifications this week and get back to, thanks

i still have not been able to resolve this issue. i believe the cisco mc3810 ios is in need of upgrading.

a67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back