Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

!!Call Waiting and Collective Hunt Groups!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

racom

Vendor
Mar 9, 2005
US
Heads up to all users running 4.0.10!! There is a problem with 4.0.10. This needs to be brought to Avaya's attention via many requests, becuase they say this is what they designed it to do!!

Here is the scenario...

If I have a receptionist in a single hunt group set to Collective, with call waiting turned on. And she also has call waiting turned on in her User settings. If she makes an outside call, her phone will not ring if any call comes into the hunt group, regardless of its origin. It will skip over her and go to the overflow or vm. She does not even know there is a call coming in, except when she gets complaints from customers who complain of ring no answer. Her response is that her phone never rang, which is true. Avaya said this is working as designed!!! This worked on 4.0.7 and older releases!! This also happens when she is on an internal call to another extension. Any calls into the group will not ring her phone. Again, call waiting is on in every aspect!!! Avaya engineering said that I need to contact my CAM and create a feature request. Please... if you have a CAM, send this up as a feature request. I have a large account that has put a freeze on all future purchases of IPOffices until this situation is resolved.

Have you enabled Queing on the Group, I havnt tested yet bus suspect tht will restore your call waiting

Got an email from tier 3.

Well it was a design and now being changed back. We will have something soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back