Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call VI import from Visual Basic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vionca

MIS
Nov 19, 2003
US
Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a way to run a Visual Integrator import by calling it from Visual Basic?

Thanks,
Vionca

I do this in VBA in access, but I wrote a Dos style batch file, and used Shell to run it. Like:

Shell ("M:\VI_CS.BAT")

with VI_CS.BAT containing:

M:
CDCD MAS90\HOME
M:\MAS90\HOME\PVXWIN32.EXE ..\LAUNCHER\SOTA.INI ..\SOA\MAS90 -ARG VIWI0F AUTO TCT

Hope this helps.

ChaZ

Ascii dumb question, get a dumb Ansi

Glad to help.

What if the launcher has already been started for the workstation? Any workaround?

I dunno.

Never had that problem.

I am doing this exact same thing except I keep getting the accept popup? Is there a way to make it automatic and not have the popup. I thought I read some where that you can use Auto, Manual, or display which I would assume Auto is the one that should be bypassing this popup.

Here's what I'm using in my batch file:

start x:\MAS90\HOME\PVXWIN32.EXE ..\launcher\sota.ini ..\soa\mas90 -ARG VIWI3P W O DIRECT DISPLAY RET

All in one line of course, no carraige returns. the W O DIRECT DISPLAY should give you what you want to see, just the status but no accept screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back