Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Varibale when doing a route call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbxpoweruser

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2007
CA
I have an initial application which prompts the caller to select a language. I then assign the language name to a call variable lang_cv. Then I do a route call to another application.

The call variable value does not seem to be carrying over from the other Has anyone has this issue before? Any work arounds?

Shouldn't carry over as a route call ends the first call and starts a new one. Why not set the language in the Master Script and then go to the appropriate application.

I am not using the master script, I am using the contact router. Is there another other way of accomplishing this?

If I set the language in the master script does it carry over regardless of what happens to the call?

I agree with earlier posts that the call is a new call after being routed so the call variables are lost. You could have the first prompt for language selections then route the call to individual CDN's based on the language selected. These CDN's would all be pointed to the second script. Then have the second script set the call variable based on the CDN of the call.

I would convert from a contact router (the least flexible/powerful method) to a master script. This gives you much more flexibility. The contact router is meant for very simplistic implementations. Yours implementation does not fit that description. You could go to a task flow (the pictures instead of the text of the master script). I like the text based better and it is more powerful too. But you don't need it, at least for this functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back