Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Transfer To Cell Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxx

Vendor
Sep 22, 2006
US
New install at small real estate office.

Customer wants calls to be transferred to their cell phones when the agents are out in the field.

I do this all the time using a FLASH button and Central Office 3 Way Calling / Call Transfer feature. No big deal.

Here is the kicker. Once the caller gets the ext. users VMB they want their voice mail box to allow the option to either leave a message or prexx "X' to transfer to the cell phone.

I install refurbed Partners with Partner Mail starting as early as V 1.0 ( the old box on the wall ) up to the newer versions and new modules.

1) Is this voice mail box transfer possible?
2) If so what software and platform level can it be done from?
3) Can each MB allow calls to each seperate cell number?
4) What is the programming procedure if this is possible?

Thanks!

Which Voice Mail? Partner Messaging? How many agents?

I have set it up using Partner Messaging. Caller hits Auto Attendant No. 1, selects their agent, ring at extension, covers to voice mail. All is normal so far.

User zero's out of the mailbox, but the Personal Operator has been set to Ext. 51. Mailbox 51 is assigned to Auto Attendant No. 2. AA No. 2 has selector codes for each of the agents, with Centrex Transfer to their cell phones. Caller selects their agent, call is transferred out. Zero out from AA2 can direct back to AA1 or 2 as desired. If more than 9 agents, you can next them with submenus.

I believe that Partner Mail 3.0 ( the old box on the wall ) will allow multiple AA.

This office will be using a lot of phantom mailboxes for their agents but no actual wired extensions. That is why I wanted to use Partner Mail it has 100 mailboxes right from the start.

I work on a lot of Norstar systems and this is already in place with each mailbox. Each mailbox user cna self serve activate and program their "call Transfer" from mailbox feature.

Has Partner addressed this in a easier to use method with their newer versions of Parnter Mail, Partner Messaging or Partner VS?

I am sorry the office will have 12 wired 18d's each with their own voice mail. There will be a lot of agents that will have phantom ext's and will be using message notification, checking in manually and who want their callers Centrex transferred to them.

I undertand your the method you described in your post. I guess mail box user records personal message and the will add "if you would like to be transferred to my cell phone press 0".

Then if I understand, they will then hear a menu of agents names 1,2,3,4 etc. and will have to press the selector code for that agent. At that time the I am do not understand how to program the selectr code to a HOOK FLASH then cell number digits. Can you explain how to insert the HOOK FLASH that for me.

When you input the selector code to modify, listen to the entire list of options - one of them will be "Centrex Transfer". Just put in the destination number, don't worry about the flash, but include any "9" or 1+area code that you might need to dial the call normally. The Messaging will automatically flash, pause, dial the number, pause, flash, pause, then disconnect.

I see, it must not be available on PM V 1.O. I will check on my PM 3.0.

Can the MB be set to route to AA2 or must it first zero out? If this si the case do all of your zero out's dial this one MB 51 which then routes to AA2?

Do you have a telephone number and ext. I can dial of the system you set up so I can listen to your example so I can mirror your set up.

Thanks for your help.

I don't believe Partner Mail R1 has Centrex Transfer. R3 should have it, VS Mail R4 and 5, and of course Partner Messaging 1, 6, and 7. (although you can't point a mailbox to an auto attendant in VS mail).

Yes, any mailbox that needs to also do a Centrex Transfer must 0-out to the mailbox that points to the auto attendant that does the transfers.

No, I don't think posting a customer's phone number on the Internet is such a good idea!

But here it is in a nutshell:

-Ring-Ring
-Thank you for calling Acme Realty. For Joe Blow, enter Ext. 11. For Sam Smith, enter Ext. 12. For........
-Dial 12
-"Transferring Call"
-Ring-Ring-Ring
-This is Sam Smith. Leave me a message at the tone, or if you would like to transfer to my cell phone, press 0 and then select option 2 from the menu. Thanks
-Dial 0
-"Transferring Call"
-To transfer to your party's cell phone, please select from the following menu; for Joe Blow, press 1. For Sam Smith, press 2. For.....
-Dial 2
-"Transferring Call"
-Ring-Ring-
-Sam Smith here!

Yes, I did not think about posting a public number, thanks for the reminder.

Thank you also for the details I thought that is the way it would work but I wanted to be ready before I dove into the process. I have a Partner 3 in stock so I will try this out in house first.

Has Partner addressed an easier method for Centrex transfer in their newer versions?

For example Norstar allows the MB user the ability to "self serve" their own Centrex call transfers, turing them on and off, changing ring to numbers etc.

The Partner method is in a sense a "hard coded" format and the extra steps of transferring to another menu.

Does your clients have any issues or complaints with the extra steps required by the callers by the zero out then the secondary menu method instead of a simple zero out direct to the cell phone?

In regards to this issue. Do any of the Partner voice mails systems or software versions make this any easier for example Centrex transfer right from the ext users own voice mail box without going to a "Transfer Sub Menu"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back