Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Transfer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdevane

MIS
Mar 3, 2003
US
I have a site with a Partner and 18d phones. The phone company added 'call transfer deluxe' to allow them to transfer calls to a remote contact center. They've tried the switch hook button and the transfer button and neither is working. Sounds like its giving them another line of dialtone to dial the number but then they cant get it to conference me back in to the call? Any suggestions.

Hmm I can't see to find the instructions for programming a Flash button in the system manual??

you have two choices ,you can press feature 03 to tansfer your exsiting call, or you can program a button
go feature 00
press avabile button
dial feature then 03
dial feature 00to exit
when you want to transfer hit the button you program for recall ,

Strange..it worked that first time..but now they've tried it again from the same line, same phone and once they disconnect..it's disconnecting the 2 parties they connected..Strange..maybe this issue is on the LECs end.

if you look in the manual you can set the length of the flash you may have to try that .

no the flash worked. It's when we hang up, it's supposed to allow the call to continue. Tested at dmarc and still didn't work so it's not the switch. Looks like LEC programming issue.

We are dealing with the same issue here. We needed User Transfer on 3 way calling. It allows the middle to drop and leave the 2 outside connected. I have been working with our phone company since Nov. (yes, 10 months) to get this working. About 2 weeks ago they said that we needed to be on a Centrex to do that and they would have to send it to provisioning and it would take 8-10 days to get it working. Still nothing this morning but they were adimant that they had until 6pm tonight to get it working. HAHAHA

Sorry for the rant... You need to ask them for 3 way calling with User Transfer.

Mike

Ours is working..Our LEC calls it Call Transfer Deluxe. The recall button did the trick..Everything has been working great. We hang up and the call continues.

Normally you can only transfer a call that came IN to you. You cant place two outgoing calls and drop off of the three-way call and have the other two remain connected. Perhaps that's what you're attempting?

Correct. We're not doing three way calling. We are transferring an incoming call to an office in another state and then dropping the line and the call continues. Sounds like you're talking about something different then our setup.

Lots of companies in the Chicago area are doing this also so that they can use off-premise voice mail. Sux for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back