Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call tracing / logging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2009
CZ

Hi,

We own Nortel Meridian CS1000 which has hundreds of lines for call center. It happens quite often that supervisors comes to it helpdesk and complain that some calls was routed to wrong skillset or some calls was lost. Unfortunately I have not found any feature in Nortel CS1000 which allows me to log this information and see if this is happening or not. For example if the call is routed wrongly – e.g. svahilian language come to reception instead of svahilian team with this language skills I have difficulty to find a problem – e.g. we have about 150 IVR scripts and tens of skillset so this is a real trouble.

Currently I am solving it this way that I ask agent to ask caller for number he called and key he pressed but unfortunately this is not possible when there is a language misfit and e.g. Italian caller do not speak English. I was thinking that it would be absolutely greate to have some analyzer of call routing, something what would log information what is happening with call, something like wireshark for calls but I could not find anything.

I was thinking if some of these information are not stored in Sybase database – but unfortunately I am unable to connect to Sybase database to look to scheme and see if this information could be taken from that database.

Any ideas?

R U using Basic ACD or do you have a CCMS directing your calls to skillsets. As there are not skillsets in Basic ACD I presume you must be using somekind of call routing software. Though you could be using strictly IVR which would route call to ACD/DN, CDN based on what caller selects. If you have a CCMS are you collecting Call BY Call stats ? ? ? If so you would see what user is selecting by where the call would be routed. . . .

using Raw ACD or Symposium? A call will find an Agent, right Skillset or not, and will take the least path of resistance. Default Skillsets on Sym will get a call if a Skillset does not answer it or receive Script instruction.

Mato' Was'aka

Currently I manage call routing through web interface of Contact Center Manager, also called Symposium in section IVR Scripting

You need to look at the call flow from the start to the end.
ACD to CDN
CDN to scripts
Script it self
Agent profile and make sure that all agents have right skillet assigned.

This most appropriately belongs in the Symposium forum but as Stone says you need to verify call flow via how does the call get into the Call Center, then once there how are you breaking down treatments via scripting, also as bigindian relates you still have a way that default script can send calls to whoever is available. In scripting you can get around this though usually is not recommended, however if Italian is the word of the day does not warrant scripting to allow a defaul skillset to be an option for these language specific skillsets. As if someone does not know lahguage does no good to send the call to the default skillset. By default all agents are members of default skillset. Question though are you collecting Call by Call information for your call center ? ? ?

I know there is a way to trace call that I will look to Master script and continue. But this requires information which CDN/DN was called and as I said I do not have this information because if agent receive some call wrongly he have no idea which CDN/DN was called he just knows that some call was routed wrongly.

If I would go and try to check all CDN/DN I am talking about 150 IVR scripts. I understand that someone who has simple IVR can do that. But we have very complex IVR, actually we have connected IVR from our telecom provider (global routing from several countries) with IVR for Nortel. So in this complex scenario it is not possible to just look to Master Script and check if routing is correct.

There is no easy way out, you will have to check each script and make sure that everything is writing correctly.
If you looking for someone in this forum to point you right to the problem with out looking at the call flow and the scripts you are wasting TIME.

Actually I found two possible ways to go

:: Log command in IVR scripting
+ easy to use
- can log only 10 entries
- each variable means 1 entry and I have to log minimally 2 variables, so it can log 5 calls
- 5 calls is too little

:: HDX
+ can log as many entries as I want
+ can process far more diagnostic information
- need to create application
- I do not know where I can get API's and what programming language is used

Also attaching snippets of documentation to commands.

IF the call is routed to the right skillset once, the master script played the right song. look at the subscripts for links ie any age of call entries, agents that are standby in a second skillset. it could be a bad dtr port, but that should show up outbound as well. it could be a bad ivr port..

if it was a script it should happen every time.. how often, what percentage.. can you give stations trace keys? those have helped me, but i run procomm 7/24 on 4 ports so someone is always looking at the screen.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Actually I am not looking for a way how to find one bug in script, I am looking for a way how to solve a lot of these problems every month efectively.

I will explain it again because as I see a lot users tried to help me and I very apreciate and value it but no one understood what I want to achive.

I work in middle size company where every person see just small view of his responsibilities. It is quite usual that the person who are reporting the problem have no idea what the problem actually is. The person is just know that he is receiving wrong calls but do not have any information needed to go to master script - sub scripts to find this problem.

And the real problem over here is to find information needed to troubleshoot problem even if someone report that he received wrong call and he have no idea who called him and what he wants, he just knows that this call should not be addressed to his department. In this case I am unable to do call trace because only information person provides me is that agent 1357 received call for another department at 15:37. And try to find out problem from this description is real trouble.

Of course I could blame users but this wont solve a problem. I am not talking about one person, a lot of our users work that way and what I believe is that technology is here for people not the other way.

As dj4020 wrote - are you collecting Call By Call Statistics?
Then run the Call By Call report in CCM 6.0 Historical Reporting.
It is like looking for a needle in a haystack, but you can search for the agent ID and find the call.
The report can only be generated for 1 hour at a time.

Another thing - the Call By Call report can be run by the local supervisor, if you give them access to the report (include the reporting group in their partition).

bajangsa: Excellent answer! A++++ Call by Call report is exactly what I was looking for. I tried this report before but it did not worked but you correctly advised that it can be run just 1 hour ago and it begin to work.

It contains all the information I need. Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back