Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call to VRU not recognizing DTMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean655

Systems Engineer
Feb 4, 2005
US
CM 8.1
I have a user that calls into a bank VRU (voice response unit) to process a record and at various times in the call the VRU will not recognize the digits being entered by the user. The bank says no other customer has issues calling in and that the issue is with us. I have routed the call over SIP trunk, PRI, and POTS line and the issue persists. If the user uses their cell phone then everything works fine. The VRU asks for an ID number, group ID, password, option 1-3, dollar amount, etc. The issue will sometimes occur during any of those DTMF entries.

The user is on VPN using One-x Communicator 6.2.14.1 sp14 but also says this occurs from a desk phone in the office. Extensions use H.323.
I can see the digits in a CM trace.

I have opened a ticket with Avaya but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. Thank you.

Avaya's immediate answer will be to upgrade. You are on an unsupported release. Since you really didn't outline the flow from the endpoint to your egress it is hard to say. Based on your software I assume you are on H.323/Digital/Analog and not a SIP endpoint and not doing some sort of tandem (like to a Nortel or Other CM). Check your DTMF settings in the System Parameters IP Options. Also if you are on an H.323 endpoint upgrade to the current software version. There have been some issues in past releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back