Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call timeout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant007

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
GB
I have a site that are using a tannoy. Unfortunately they seemed to of lost the ability to hang up the calls correctly. I have used the "t(1)" code to terminate the call after 1 minute. The customer has asked if it can be reduced to 15 seconds - is it possible.

Thanks

No, it can only be specified in minutes :)

nte-transmall.gif

Thanks. What does it mean in the help section when it mentions "t(-1)?

Where are you seeing this in Manager help file ?

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

I am thinking he mens where it says "plus or minus a minute", that actually means that if you set it to t(5) then it could actually cut off after 4 or 6 minutes, it's an umbrella statement just in case it isn't exactly 5 mins in practice it's pretty precise :)

nte-transmall.gif

Yes amriddle you are correct. I read it last week, and then kind of assumed the code "t(-1)". when they mentioned plue or minus.
Sorry to of misled.

Thanks

Thats all i can see that would lead you to ask the question also.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Indeed or if there was a setting to make the problem customer forget to make the call into service desk then go away and stick his head in a oven...R9 possibly??

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

call me stupid but I would suggest it is better to address the true problem
why cant they disconnect properly in the first place?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I agree.
I have contacted the customer and asked if further training is required - she replied saying possibly as she is sure the user sometimes puts the tannoy call on hold because she can hear the hold music playing through the tannoy speakers!!

They are using analogue handsets I would wager, and they are paging then hanging up by flicking the hookswitch with their finger then making another call, effectively they are doing a hookflash and placing the call on hold....but that's a guess :)

+1 Amriddles Diagnosis
I had one site that had a habit of connecting external callers together in exactly this way & would lock up the outgoing calls permanently if they both happened to be auto attendants with no time out (another good reason to always have a time-out to a human on your VM call flows!)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back