Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Ststus app - Manager 4.0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJRabin

MIS
Sep 28, 2006
US
I've installed Manager 4.0 for an IP Office running 3.0.4 (I know... time to upgrade, but don't fix what ain't broke.)

Anyway, I can't seem to get Call Status to work. I know it won't work on a 4.0 system, but should work on a 3.X.

I get an error: Resource TMainForm not found.

Any ideas how to get this working short of downgrading to a 3.x Manager?

There is no Call Status application in 4.0, it is now called System Status. System Status will not work on anything earlier than 4.0.

You can still use the manager application. What I would do is download the 3.2.55 Admin suite and install it. When you install it, just install the call status and the monitor (if you use monitor) applications

Hmmm... as part of the 4.0 Admin disk there is the option to install Call Status, presumably to use for older systems... My impression from Avaya was that there was no Call Status for 4.0 systems (replaced by System Status App) but that Call Status would still be supported for older systems.

I have used the call status that is included in the 4.0 admin cd that is intended for previous versions and it has worked for me. Try uninstalling the call status and re-installing it.

I havent come across the error you're getting before.

the error Resource TMainForm not found is a knows issue in 4.0.5

a solution is to install a call status of a 3.2 version (or earlier)
then call status will work again
but why using the 4.0.5 manager instead of the one that belongs to your software version ?

Why not use the lastest Manager for earlier s/w? Now that we finally can!!!

Jamie Green

IPO ACA:Implement

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

right jamie77!!
manager 6.0.5 works fine on every pre 4.0 releases!

I had the same problem of djrabin and i have solved it installing only call status from the 3.2.(55) cd release!
now all works!

jamie you are right but i think that you still should use the original version if you can

If you are only programming one switch then yes, use the same admin software that matches the release of the switch.

For those of us that work on multiple systems at different software revisions, then using the newest admin software makes a whole lot more sense. ;)

There are lots or reasons to use the latest Manager for lower versions.... this way I can install 1 version on my laptop and provide service to all of my customers' implementations, rather than having to uninstall/reinstall when I've got someone running a lower/higher version.

Not to mention error checking, etc.

I still have 2.0,2.1,3.0,3.1 Manager/Call Status/Monitor on my laptop but now we can use the new manager more.

I have no intention on filling my hard drive with anymore copies of Manager when I don't need to!!!!

Jamie Green

IPO ACA:Implement

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

but did you get the call status running ?
you have to deinstall the 4.0 callstatus first

also possible
only thing is that you have to make a quick launch to your program's in the startmenu (strart/program's/ipoffice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back