Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Status displays "RAS 0.17 [] dialing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuMike

Programmer
Mar 12, 2002
US
Help! What does this mean? It has been dialing this for 8153 minutes as of this morning??

A RAS call is a data call, most probably the VM Pro.
It is a listed bug wich should be fixed in the nest 3.0 maintenance release.
It does not means the call is actually up, it just wont go away in CallStatus.

This is almost 100% of the time the result of a stuck VMPro assisted transfer action and is to be resolved in VMP 3.0(19). The CQ associated with this is:

CQ 24554 "Assisted Transfer calls fail to disconnect from VoiceMail Pro if hung up on before being answered"

Kyle Holladay
Certified: ACACN, ACSCI, ACSCM, TIA-CTP
"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

This makes sense because I see this often and have used Assisted Transfer in VMPro since 1.3. Assisted Transfer worked great for me to transfer to external cell phones. The original CLID went to the cell and then returned to the menu if there was no answer. With v3 up to version 3(44) the assisted transfer does not pass CLID and just comes back to hold and then calls again and never goes back to the Voicemenu. I have tested it with internal extensions and this does work correctly with AT but not external. Anyone know if and when this might return? I really miss it.

Thanks
Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back