Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Screening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisman13

Technical User
May 3, 2006
US
Does anyone know how to program call screening and how it functions? I went and programmed it (feature 25) onto my extension (12) using "central telephone programming" on ext.10. I have Avaya Partner ACS Release 4.0 C01. It appears to have properly saved call screening to an open button on my extension 12. When I hit the button on extension 12 that I programmed for call screening, the green light comes on as it is supposed to, but when I get an incoming call to voicemail, I don't hear anything either through the speaker or handset. Any ideas? Thanks-

My experience with the Call Screening function is that the button needs to be "on" before the call is transfered from the auto attendant to a given extension.

I have never been able to get the feature to work if it is activated after the call has been passed on from the auto attendant.

Yes, that's what I read somewhere, but I do have the feature on, at least I think. I pressed the button and am keeping the green light illuminated that corresponds to the programmed button. I read at Avaya that is how you monitor calls to VM, just leave the feature turned on.

Visually, when the audio turns on, the red status LED for the Call Screening button will start to flash and you'll hear the mailbox greeting being played and the message being left in realtime.

Just wondering, what voicemail system is being used? [ponder]

Avaya partner messaging is what the card says that is sticking out of the slot. I think it is version 4. If there is another way to ID the voicemail system, let me know. And no red LED flashes on my call screening button when VM turns on, and nothing is audible.

Another way you can tell what voicemail system you have is to call into the auto attendant, press *7 during the greeting and "Joyce the Voice" will say "Welcome to (the type of voicemail system)"

Try deleting the Call Screen button and assign it again.

Oops. I noticed you said Avaya Partner Messaging version 4. Actually there are only 3 revisions of that system...R1, R6 & R7. [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back