Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call routing to 5 digit carrier 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlosym

Technical User
Apr 17, 2007
GB
hi , please could anyone help me with creating a route where the customer needs routes created for different carriers , eg: land lines and mobiles over 1 carrier and the company mobiles over a differant carrier , its a option 11 s/w 4.5 , the carrier for the company mobiles are 5 digits but i cant ida system with this code as all calls must not go over the same route , as i need to add 240 numbers to this route for the system to recognise these numbers as they have voice recognishan on this system too .

much appreciated for any help

might be best to route the complete 7 digit number.. so for my cell 551-5555 i would dial 9 551 5555, enter 551 as an nxx, point that to the rlb, in my rli entry 0, pick the route, add a dmi to del 2, so your sending 15555, the last 5. i could as well enter all of the 5 digit numbers, if 15555 is vacant in my switch, make it a maxp 1 acd or a phantom hard forward to the carrier.. then users could dial just the 5 digits BUT you would be buring 240 internal numbers.. last case would be to burn 2 digits, on that number, make 51 ac 2, spn route past that and insert the 51 back into the dial pattern..

you would just need spn's on ac2 and ac2 can be up to 4 digits..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

something i've learned.. if users have to dial codes for each call, they will not use them.. i worked on a switch that the origianl program had a 4 digit, plant code... dial the plant code, then the ext in that plant.. from dallas you could dial 4433, the 9, plus 10 digits and use local trunks in NY... bid deal, no one used it.. i rebuilt all 16 plants so users dial 9 plus the area code plus the number, the switch did the rest.. ld dropped by 6 figures, i cashed a pretty decent check

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thanks john but im in the uk so will i need to manipulate the 11 digit to 4 or 5 digit or is there a way that i can tell the sysem to route all numbers begining with 07 over the new carriers route

no they dont dial any digits unless the number is not in there voice rec. system , but then they just dial 9 and number , but because they have 2 company's disagreeing over line rental this is why company to company i need one route and company to clients , customers over another carrier , if this makes sence

07.. if you can put 07 in as a dsc you done.. if not your ac1 plus 07 if you can use it in ld 90..

two question may help determine the best way to enter that... is 07 vacant in your switch? if not can you route 07 past ac-1.. we use 0 for operator as most of nanp switches.. i've worked on euro where 6 was operator and 0 was ac 1...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

no here it's 0 for operator and i need to check if 07 is available , but how would i seperate the routes if they can be routed past ac1

with a new rlb, in 86

Code:
RLI  13

RLI  13
ENTR 0
LTER NO
[COLOR=red]ROUT 13[/color]
TOD  0 ON  1 ON  2 ON  3 ON
     4 ON  5 ON  6 ON  7 ON
VNS  NO
CNV  NO
EXP  NO
FRL  0
DMI  0
FCI  0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBA
IOHQ NO
OHQ  NO
CBQ  NO

i usually match my rlb to the pri loop and the route.. not always do-able since i didn't put this one in new.

since 0 is used,

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back