Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call routing for MD110

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknowd

MIS
Mar 23, 2004
IE
Hi All,

I have no knowledge of MD110's.... I have searched hi and low but can't find anything on my problem.

Would someone be able to tell me if the following is possible?

We have a main number xxx8800, but no fulltime receptionist to answer.
Facilities answer when they are there but that is only some of the time. Hopefully they put the phone to divert when they leave the desk, but they don't always do it. divert sends it to an ACD group xxx8840 which is the main helpdesk, but that should only be a fallback as they are busy with customer calls, not general company calls.

what we would like is that the main number should ring for say 30 secs and if unaswered by the Facilities person should then get automatically diverted to the ACD group and enter the queue they have setup for that. Once there it hould behave as any other xxx8840 call coming in from the outside.
Sounds fairly straighforward, but apparently the experts say the MD110 won't do that, that once it arrives and is automatically diverted to the ACD group it no longer behaves as an external call and cannot be handled in the queue like other 8840 numbers.

The other issue we are told that for the ACD group queue, once a call enters the queue you can have comfort messages set up and the call can be held til an operator answers, but if no-one picks it won't after a set period of time go to voicemail. Ideally it would divert to voicemail after
2 comfort messages (after about 90 secs) and the call then wouldn't get lost. Currently it just rings and rings until the caller hangs up.

Thanks in advance

GKNOWD,
Once a call is presented to an ACD Group it is placed in the queue and will not overflow to voicemail. Overflow will only occur when the ACD queue is full or no members are available.
A PELPI controls a call, i.e. the call will go where the PELPI is programmed to go. If an answer position is a phone with a Follow Me to voicemail the call will still ring on the physical phone NOT the FME position.
Off the top of my head, if the Facilities phone is a digital why not program 8800 as an ADN on the phone and then program monitor keys on the ACD group phones but program the monitor keys with a delayed ring. You can then put a PELPI on the ADN to ring for desired time and a second choice would be to ring to voicemail

GKNOWD,
Once a call is presented to an ACD Group it is placed in the queue and will not overflow to voicemail. Overflow will only occur when the ACD queue is full or no members are available.
A PELPI controls a call, i.e. the call will go where the PELPI is programmed to go. If an answer position is a phone with a Follow Me to voicemail the call will still ring on the physical phone NOT the FME position.
Off the top of my head, if the Facilities phone is a digital why not program 8800 as an ADN on the phone and then program monitor keys on the ACD group phones but program the monitor keys with a delayed ring. You can then put a PELPI on the ADN to ring for desired time and a second choice would be to ring to voicemail.

Lord Of The Lims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back