Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Roll-Over 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyCub

MIS
May 12, 2004
US
This is probably an easy fix but I can't find out how to do it.

All of my extensions have three call-appr buttons on key 1, 2 and 3. However, when someone is using the telephone and another call comes in, that call is immediately directed to the voicemail system. The person is never notified that another call is coming in. Any ideas how to have the call roll-over to the next button? Thanks!!

What's their coverage path look like? It can engage on "busy" or "active" or not. So, it can ring as many times when they're on the phone as when they're not, or as soon as they're on the phone it can hit voicemail. Then if not, you can use per button ring control to make the first line ring "continuous" and the others ring once or not at all and just blink. What you're looking for is probably in there.

Thanks for your reply Kyle. The coverage path looks like this:

Coverage path 1: 4
Coverage Path 2: [blank]

When I look at coverage path 1, it looks like extensions for our PC Support staff in different locations on the screen. I just want the second call to ring once then blink like you said above.

So, you'd want to look at coverage path 4 - as in, "display coverage path 4". What that read out is telling you is that the primary coverage path for the station is 4, and the second one is blank and unused. Its a bit confusing. There's a feature where a set can have 2 coverage paths and use a feature code to toggle between them. My primary could be 38, which is right to voicemail, and my secondary could be 220 which rings my cell 3 times then goes to voicemail and I could have a feature code to toggle between them. That's ok - nobody uses that all that much. And its different than plain call forwarding. And different than ec500 that simultaneously rings your cell and set at the same time. There's about 1000 ways to redirect phone calls!

Anyhow, look at coverage path 4. Is it set to "yes" at "busy" and or "active" and not just "no answer"? That would explain why a second call to a station would cover to voicemail.

You can also use things like coverage answer groups - where a gang is in a group and calls to any one of the 5 that go unanswered will ring the rest of the gang for a few rings before voicemail too. It really all depends on what the stations are programmed to do, how calls get to them, what they share and how they forward.

You might just have a x ported station (exists in software only) where each of your pc support staff have a bridged appearance of that virtual phone's line they answer.

So, figure out a bit about that flow and you can figure out what the routing mechanisms are to get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back