Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Restrictions with Line Appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpmol

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
I have a customer who insists on having line appearances. They need a few sets that can only dial 911 and internally. I set up the proper ARS table and put the short codes in the users but it wasn't working. I tried it on my system and it works fine. I finally asked him what he was dialing out, and he said he would hit a line and he could make outside calls.

Now I am under the assumption that this is the reason the short codes for restriction are not working. Would anyone agree? Is there a way to do this with line appearances? Thanks

Set up the restrictions in the ars tables then under the user only allow them to dial out using that arshas table only. It shouldn't matter if they're pressing the line because there should be limited dialing filters of ars table

Set up the restrictions in the ars tables then under their user only allow them to dial out using that ars table only. It shouldn't matter if they're pressing the line because there should be limited dialing filters of ars table

Yes that is what I did and if they press 9, and the number they are restricted but if they press the line, they are not.

Also forgot to mention, they have Centrex lines so they need to press the line, then press 9 again. Would I need a special short code for this too?

Dont give those restricted users line appearances, only call appearances and user short code for 9

How about user short codes for each restricted user:

N
Barred
Blocked
(to keep from outbound on Lines)

9N
Barred
Blocked
(To keep from outbound on CA)

Dial
(to allow 911 on Lines)

Status