Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call restrictions, where in NS700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobHLiton

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2021
US
Hello Friends,

Previous admin said in the phone system there should be three groups setup by the installer team: 1) can dial anyone, 2) USA only, and 3) internal calls only.

Where is the config for this in the NS700?

Thanks for any pointers!

-Bob

Cos settings for the restrictions and cos in extension settings to assign what class of service the extension is in

Cos 7 is internal and emergency services only

Thank you, OBT.

All his extensions, PT and SLT, are either COS 1 or 2. The manager said he asked the installer to setup to restrict one COS to only US, Canada and PR, but I can't find any related differences between his COS1 and COS-2 except one uses a different line outbound (caller ID to my cell is different). He's certainly got nobody on COS7.

Looking at COS Settings, the TRS levels increment to the corresponding COS#. Both COS 1 and 2 have TRS Extension Lock values" are "7", and TRS Speed Dialing is "1"

On all other tabs for COS Settings, COS 1 and 2 are identical except under Manager tab: COS-1 programming level is PROG **/*/# while COS-2 is PROG-ONLY. Also Manager is enabled on COS-1 (disabled on COS-2) and Time Service Switch is enabled on COS-1 (disabled on COS-2). I can't see that making a difference.

Nothing else is different between COS-1 and COS-2 in COS Settings.

Would such restrictions be done by area code? I remember working with a super old Nortel(?) which you had to keep up to date on area codes, that was like over 20 years ago. Did that go the way of the Dodo? Never saw those in Avaya IP Office any way.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe the CO trunks are where the limits were set, since they use a different trunk for outgoing calls.

Any more tips appreciated!

Have a great rest of your day. I hope you are safe and well.

Cheers!
-Bob

Ah, it was under > PBX > 7. TRS > 1. Denied Code. > Level 2 has value of 011.

Doesn't explain why we can't call PR. I'm opening a ticket with the CO.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back