Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Redirecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

latinj

Vendor
Dec 1, 2005
US
I have a Norstar switch and when I program it to redirect to an outside # the incoming call rings once and then just rings but does not forward to the outside # [they have Centrex lines ] am I missing a step or does the Centrex lines make a difference

I am going to have to ask you a few questions.
did you program a 9 pause (feature78) then the number it is being redirected to?
what software?
when you say the incoming call rings once and then just rings please explaine that are you talking about the ring on a particular station or the ringback that you hear when you are testing the call?

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Sorry to take so long to get back to you Jerry but I just had time to go and get that info for you they have a MICS 4.0 switch and I did add a 9 before the actual # it would be redirect to .I never used [ feature 78 ] in the programming , because to dial out you do not have to dial 9 first which is common on Centrex lines correct ?

I think 4.1 was the first sw level that supported external forwarding correctly. Someone'll chime in if I'm wrong.

If we're talking external call forward then R4.1 is the first software to support. You need to setup a destination code (9 for example) and a route to make this feature work. You also must allow redirect from the DN to call forward. Then you simply press F4, dial 9 and the destination phone number.

Brian Cox

I was just informed that this customer is going to a PRI and going to be using DID's will this still work for the re-directing of calls

back up to the earlier note. yes you normally have to dial an external access code in order to get out of the centrex group. normally a 9, although I have seen 8 and 7 used.

the reason I suggested a 9 pause was to make sure that you got the attention of the centrex switch . your customer may not have had to dial the extra 9 because a lot of techs "bury the 9" in programming, that is they force a 9 to be dialed when the outgoing pool is accessed. but call forwarding and line redirect need to have the numbers that the outside line would need to be programmed to it.

Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

And don't forget that PRI requires 6.1 or higher software but I'd say go with 7.1.

Phonehed in Dallas

thanks for all the help I have a few more question that I will post on Tek-Tips thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back