Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Redirect after school hours 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbarry722

Technical User
Jan 31, 2013
GB
Hi Folks..

Due to finances, the BCM 400 I though we were changing is now staying put! I don't mind because it is working fine. My problem is redirecting calls to the school after hours to a mobile number.

I've set the capabilities of the main reception telephone to allow redirect but when I attempt to Redirect using Feature 84, it asks me to Select Line Out. The problem is, none of our lines are selected via a button - just 9 - and it picks up the next free line (Pool A)

When I click on the 4 line buttons, the show as 'Incoming Only'

I've tried selecting Intercom and pressing 9 then the relevant mobile number but all I get when I press Okay is 'Invalid Number'

Anyone any ideas?

As per usual, we don't have a valid support contract and probably wouldn't get one now as the system is 8 year old.

Regards

Declan

Feature84
Line out- intercom 9......this selects your outgoing line pool.

Since all of your lines show as incoming only they must be target lines or DID numbers. These can't be configured to redirect incoming calls. You'll need to use external call forward. A destination code pointing to the route that utilizes your PRI is already setup, usually 9. Try F4, destination code (9), external number.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Hi Guys..

I've tried the Feature 84 | Intercom | 9 | Mobile Number | but it just tells me its an invalid number

Declan

Press Feature 84 - display shows Select line out.

Press Intercom - display shows Enter digits.

Enter 9 plus mobile number then hit OK - display shows Select line(s)

Press incoming only DID button you wish to redirect then press OK.

Display shows Programmed.

Press Feature # 84 to cancel.

Hi bcmfiftyfan.

Worked down through your steps. Got as far as the 3rd line. After entering 9 and putting in my mobile number and hitting okay, 'Invalid Number'

Declan

I agree with bcmfiftyfan

However
Sounds like you use PRI for inbound and POT's lines for outbound.
POT's (Analog) lines must be set to "Supervised" under Lines/XXX/TrunkMode

If still an issue after that supply more info:

On your main set do button inquiry (F*0) and see what you top incoming button is labelled as, it should say some like: 125 Line 125
125 is a target line.

Check to see that 9 is an actual Pool code or a Destination code under Dialing Plan/ Pools and Routing

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Yes, the steps I've outlined will only work if you use 9 to make outside calls. If you use another digit, insert it in the place of 9.
If you're using pots lines to make outside calls then press a pots line when prompted to Select line out.

Did the Feature * 0 and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th button show as '400 Main No'

Details for Line 400 show the Public Received No as our Main Telephone number.

We have a Pool A which all our telephone have access to using a Class of Service code.

'9' is definitely the code that is used to access an outside line.

Is there a way of identifying PRI lines and Analogue lines on the BCM?

There is reference in routing to Rout 000 using Pool A

Declan

Ok you still need to verify this:
Check to see that 9 is an actual Pool code or a Destination code under Dialing Plan/ Pools and Routing

Its not a question of what you dial to get out, it a question of asking what it actual does.
Go into where I said under Dest codes and see if you see Dest 9 told to use Route 000 or look under Line Pools same area and see if Pool A = code 9

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Working from memory now as I'm at home.

No '9' isn't designated as an actual Pool code or destination code from what I could see. In fact, didn't see '9' mentioned anywhere in Routing/Pool area

Declan

Could be the issue...not sure if Line redirect understands External code compared with Pool or Dest codes.

External Code is under Dialing Plan/General, try making it NONE.

Then go to Dest Codes in Dialing plan/Routing and add digit 9 and tell it to use Route 000 (which you said in turn already points to 000)

or

You could just make a Dest code of say 8 and point it to 000 and not even bother with external code settings but nice to keep programming clean.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

You can run Monitor to see what lines are being used in an out.
Lines are numbered something like:
PRI 001 to 60
Analog Trunks 061 to 090
Target lines 241 to 492

The display on the set may indicate something if its an analog trunk.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Using Line Monitor, I can see Line 61-64 as the main numbers and I can see which way the line is being use (either incoming or outgoing)

I also had a look at the dialing plan and I saw that Pool A doesn't have any access code in it. Sooo, Nothing ventured nothing gained, I put a '9' in the access code area and tried the following again.

1. Press Feature 84 - display shows Select line out. (ticked)

2. Press Intercom - display shows Enter digits. (ticked)

3. Enter 9 ( Line Pool A now displays)

4. Display shows Enter digits (so I enter mobile number and press okay)

5. Select Lines displays (Quit / All)

At the point, I chickened out on completing the configuration until:

1. I see if adding '9' into the pool has had any adverse action (so far, when I press nine on my own telephone, it is restricted - unless I use the class of service code)

2. this evening where I can test it without disrupting normal school operations.

I'll get back to you all later on.

Declan

Hi Guys..

It worked. Was able to forward all lines to my mobile number and after a brief 'nearly brown trouser' moment, was able to cancel the redirect. Helps to type in feature # 84 as opposed to Feature * 84. lol!!

Okay, its not the tidiest but should be able to get us out of a situation if required.

Not sure if there is a tidier way for the receptionist to program it given that the mobile number will change depending on who is on duty but many many thanks to everyone who guided me on the route.

Will just have to type up a notice on how to program the redirect.

Declan

Thanks

To make it a little easierr
Program an auto dial key to dial 9XXX-XXX-XXXX
F84 Intercom AutodDial

Have you thought about forwarding the set instead of Line Redirect?
Or do you need to except internal calls when main line is redirected?

To External Forward a set

Build Dest codes and Routes for each of the remote workers

Route 001 to use Pool A and dial external # 123-4567 (Person A's mobile #)
Dest Code 81 to use Route 001

Route 002 to use Pool A and dial external # 234-5678 (Person B's mobile #)
Dest Code 82 to use Route 002

and so on for each other user needed.

So forward to Person A:
Feature 4 91

So forward to Person B:
Feature 4 92

Does not get any easier then that for them to forward.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Cheers CurlyCord.

I'll have a look at that and see if I can program it using the above method.

At the moment, we need it to just redirect any incoming calls to the school to the mobile number outside working hours. What happened was, the school hires out the Gym in the evenings and on one occasion, a ball hit one of the fire break panels and set the fire alarm off. The Alarm company tried to ring the school to verify the alarm (company always tries to contact school first before any action taken) but with no response, they initiated a Fire Service call hence why they are looking for the way of redirecting calls to the relevant night supervisor's mobile.

Declan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back