Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackaltman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2014
US
When I was younger, I worked for a large corporation, which is currently ranked in the top 25 on the Fortune 500. That said, I now work for a smaller company; however, we have a call center as well. While working for my former employer, I was able to dial a few digits on my phone in the event I needed to stop the recording of a phone call. After ending the call, the phone would reset to the default of recording calls. This is most often used when speaking with management and preventing others from listening in, or listening to the recorded call.

We have a Mitel 3300 which is "listened" (for lack of a better word) to by a recording application known as CXM by Co-nexus.

is there a question that you are asking or is that just a statement?

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

and due to an endless stream of MiCollab , MiCC issues
Life would be simpler If only they tested products properly before releasing them .....

My apologies. Yes, how do I stop recording a single call on demand?

Currently, the application must have the Silent Monitor feature enabled in order to receive calls. Is there a way to program keys to disable this?

Silent Monitor is set in class of service on a device.
Designed for ACD supervisors to monitor agent calls.
No disable feature at the agent level.
Work around: hotdesking with agent ID's assigned different class of service

MiVoice Recording (old Oaisys) offers on-demand.

@Waldosworld, Would hotdesking be a best practice for a call center? Essentially, recording laws prohibit the recording in some states where two-party consent is required. We are aiming to stop the recordings if this is the case.

The hotdesking comment is simply a means to change the COS to prevent monitoring prior to a call being active.

This is just as easily accomplished by an alternate agent code in traditional mode.

There is nothing on the Mitel side that can stop the recording once engaged.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

@kwbMitel

From my understanding, we would be able to utilize an alternate agent code in our current setting? Essentially, the user would have to hang up, perform the action, and call the customer back? Can you point me in the right direction to obtaining the information to do this? Currently, we do not use hotdesking so if this is an easier solution it may be worth doing rather than the hotdesking.

In your Agent ID form you will note that there is an assigned COS and COR

The assigned COS has the option enabled for - Allow Silent Monitoring (based upon your earlier comments on how the CXM records calls)

Typically, this COS is different from the COS assigned to the prime line of the phone (Via Station Attibutes)

If it is acceptable to terminate the call, re-engage the customer and then restore recording function for the next call then the simplest solution is to logout before reengaging the customer. More than likely, the CXM is silent monitoring the agent ID. If this is correct, a logged out phone will not be recordable. If the CXM is silent monitoring the Prime line, you may need to remove the Silent Monitoring option from the COS option of the logged out phone.

If for some reason you need to be able to monitor both a logged in and a logged out phone then you can create an alternate Agent ID that associates with a different COS. That new Agent ID does not need to be added to any groups as the theory is it is only for single use.

I think that what is confusing you is the fact that on your old site you could dial digits to stop the recording

- this was MOST likely a feature of the recording software( nothing to do with the MITEL ).

- Some call recorders can identify DTMF tones and act accordingly to pause , resume or stop the recordings

These tones are configured within the call recorder.

You will need to discuss what options you have with the maker of your new recording solution

- some of them also have a GUI app that can be run on the agents PC to stop/pause/start recording

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

and due to an endless stream of MiCollab , MiCC issues
Life would be simpler If only they tested products properly before releasing them .....

Billz66, the old site was a decade ago, which had very little advancement. However, I will admit that's a possibility.

==>I will admit that's a possibility.

Actually it is a virtual certainty. I tried a couple of times to express the same thoughts but couldn't find phrasing that worked for me. Billz66 expressed it perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back