Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacLeopard

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2006
US
I've got a Norstar 6x16 (NT5B01) with a software cartridge I assume to be DR1 (it says 1991).

Is there any way to do call recording on ALL calls? I want outbound to have a beep every 15 seconds (makes it legal to record without saying "this call will be recorded" on every call) and for incoming nothing, my AA will say "This call will be recorded"

It's nothing needed industrial style, I just like call recording because I've had times where I've had companies tell me one thing and say another on another calls, so I'd like to have a record of everything.

TIA

it'll be an external device - the norstar cannot do it.

how long do you plan on saving the recordings?

That's what I was assuming. I'd prefer to save them for at least a month, but even better would be if I could choose how long for each one. I'm thinking of "groups"

Regular Calls: erase after 7 days
Verbal Contract: Manual erase

TIA

One thought I had was using a spare Mac (Power Mac G3 possibly, I'll need to check on that) to record calls. Is there a way I can set it up so the PM G3 has "all authority" on calls and can listen on any call?

TIA

Algo makes a product called AUXBOX, it connects to your phone and PC and you can record any or all calls to that set.

Thanks. I was thinking it might be the easiest and most cost-effective to use a spare computer laying around here since I've got a LOT of hard drives (a few 200GBs as well).

Not sure how I could hook it up however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back