Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Recording WireTap

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebrez

MIS
Mar 21, 2007
US
Good Morning,

I am running a G3 V11 and have purchased a new Call Recording Solution (CRC:
The way this is setup is you add a wiretap 66block in which to connect this machine.

CRC by joebrez73, on Flickr

Now, my setup is a bit different. My current setup is Amphenol(PBX) to 110Block then to Station 110 block. So, in order to add the "tap", I put a 66 block in between the two 110 blocks. I tested a couple of stations and I seem to get random "disconnects" from the stations. The work for a while, then drop off, yet the station itself shows status lights and an active clock until I attempt to make a call, then black.

I'm thinking that I am losing too much voltage/signal by adding the additional block. I even replaced the 66 block (TAP).

Card - TN2224
Phone - CallMaster V

Am I on the right track with Voltage/Signal or off my rocker? The company has told me they have a setup identical to mine working.

stupid question but you did purchased a recorder that accepts straight Avaya DCP from digital phones? That what you diagram shows. Years ago we had an analog logger that required we convert the digital DCP data in stream before sending it to the logger.

I don't think it is a voltage problem for what its worth. Typically you go from the PBX to the wallboard, to the riser cable, to the closet, to the floor distribution. One more shouldn't matter.

Hi, it sounds like either the recorder is shunting down the cct or there is break in it. I would check 2 things, is the provider sure they have the recorder set for the correct system to monitor and how good the connections are at the original block. Maybe they have been disturbed when connecting the recorder. Cody64.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back