Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call recording on a virtual station? (NICE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisamb

Technical User
Jun 14, 2010
US
I have virtual stations setup for a small remote office, they use IP Agent software...they are now being required to have recorded lines through our NICE system. How can i set that up if i don't have an actual station wired to a jack? for all normal stations requiring recorded lines, we have to run thier wiring through the NICE system but for a virtual station, how can I get this accomplished?

What about trunk-side recording? It won't get cradle to grave, but will give you something...

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

DMCC

The recorder uses a softphone to service observe the agent and records the "observed RTP packets"

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

DMCC is the correct answer but since lisamb asks about not being able to run wiring for a virtual station I would guess it isn't an option.

There are relatively inexpensive RTP packet recorders that could be installed at the small office but I think that having two recording systems isn't an optimal solution. More difficult to manage, support, use, etc.

You could wire a station at the location of the NICE system and then use Service Observing on the station/agent at the remote office. Kinda hokey but would work. Need to stay offhook all the time. Poor man's solution.

lisamb,

if you have nice perform system, you can use voip recording agent for "passive/active" recording.

Regards, Alex.
My Avaya blog:

DMCC doesn't require any wiring.

A NICELOG can be mixed tapping i.e ADIF & IP

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

You guys are exactly correct but not very helpful.

Re-read her post. It appears she has a non-DMCC based system. She says they have to run the wiring through the NICE system to record.

It would be nice (ha) if she reposted and said exactly what system she has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back