Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call recording/Contact Store 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HELPATECH

Programmer
Oct 19, 2007
US
thanks an advance..
cleint wants to view a "user mail box" to transfer to Contact store when they a leave a voicemail on the user VM.
how can i make this possible...

Did you ever touched A IP Office? No, appearently not.
But to answer your question, in the user settings there is a tab called recordings and there you can enable "Voice Recording Library" which sends the recording to ContactStore.

i have. and did not want to make a huge list of what i have done. i just decide to post something short and to the point.
the user "recording" is only transferred if he makes or receives a call. the "live Incoming/outgoing call" is transferred once completed to the contact store.

basically the supervisor wants to be big brother and monitor his "outbound/inbound calls" and "voice mails"
know if you said it works. maybe it's a release issue.

currently installed.
IPOV2 8.0(46)
VM Pro 8.0
CS 7_8_6

before i upgrade to a different release.and spend 2 hr or so after 5pm tonight. are you sure the "VM message left in the user voicemail box" will transfer?

No they wont, it doesn't do that :)

"No problem monkey socks

thanks for the response amriddle01.
is their an alternative?
can i point the user mailbox to IVR folder. or copy the wav file to the IVR folder.
any suggestions will very helpful. annnyyyythinng...

Nope, it simply will not send voicemail messages to the VRL, it's not designed to do it and can't be forced if they want a copy get it emailed via the users VM settings :)

"No problem monkey socks

If the vm to email is needed for the user then you could always make his mailbox start point go to a group mailbox (fudge the greetings in it) and send it to both, him and the supervisor with the broadcast option. that way you can also add more people to that should you want to have 2 or more supervisors get the messages.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.”

After gathering the correct info. I finally understood.
Basically. They want to create a compliance compliant 800#.
So they want the msg recording to transfer to CS.

Now before I go to the programii lab. and spend hrs on this request.
I have some ideas I could try. If someone has tried it or have any ideas please don't hesitate to share.

Ideas
I could create a campaign?
I could create a leave mail ?
I could create a voice question?

Or once the message is left I could copy and than convert the wav file
To the CS wav file format g 7.29. and force it to VRL folder

Or is it possible to modify the CS to poll from another folder "vm/accounts/hunt group or mail box folder? This may not be supported but i need a work around.

Has anyone tried this or similar.
Or just get a different call recording for that DID.
If so which one do you recommend?

if you want 1 number to be recorded then set record option on the incoming call route and send that to either the VRL or a mailbox, then share that folder and you can grab the recordings from there or send them via email somewhere and collect them that way

CS only takes files from the VRL so if you are using CS then that is your only option

Campaigns suck and are about as useless as a third nipple

the way I would do that depends on one important question: Do you want to be able to search for the recordings by user, time and date etc. or is it enough if you have them in a folder or sent by email.
if you need to search then CS is your way to go, if not then just email them and be done with it.

Joe W.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.”

Thanks westi.
They want to search for it in CS.
I programed the DID ICR. Or hunt group. To point to Vrl.( not in the same time)
and the call only transfer the file if their is a live agent/user.

In this case they want the VM to point to a set of questions ( so I placed a voice question mod) Vm Pro.

_ specific tab their is a destination where the recording could be left .so I point it to either mail bix, hunt group and it dumps the recording.
I have also tried a c:prog\avaya\vm\Vrl (I used the proper format it's just an example) doesn't work.

When I trace the call on sys Mon. Or you sys status. The call goes to mailbox (hunt group or user) and it leaves the message on the hunt groups or user folder

So when I trace it again and a person picks up . The call is being place in a temp format which is in the VRL folder and than it converts/transfer to the CS.
They want to search for it .
Email is fine. Just not what they wanted.

I was also thinking of a 3rd party back up folder and maybe do a search thru their
What do you guys think ..

Why not make a leave function for the group/user, and put a leave mail action, with VRL as the destination instead of mailbox?

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

AAcon,
so a call comes in points in VM pro to a menu option than to a "voice question" than point the call to a leave mail choose VRL.
would that dump/route the message to the VRL folder? that was left in the "voice question" mod.?

Doing as mentioned above may put the message in the VRL, but the user would never get the message nor be alerted that one was left.... so not very good :)

"No problem monkey socks

the alert is fine, even if they the message is not send thru email is fine as well. as long as the when the set of voice question message is sent to the VRL.

note the action will ppoint to the "voice question mod" the recording left in that mod. needs to point to the VRL.

i created a leave mail, point to VRL. left a message. i log in to CS and i dont see the recording left.
i check VRL option on ICR and Hunt group. ( not at the same time)

on CS is their a symbol i need to search for? i assumed if i leave al the fields blank and search it would search all the recordings is this not the case for a leave mail VRL?

CS needs to know whom the message is left for so it needs to come from the huntgroup recording or user recording or ICR, if you manipulate it with voice question then it dumps it into the VRL but CS doesn't get the info it needs to categorize it. It needs to be a regular recording of ICR, User or HG and put into the VRL.

Joe W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back