Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call recording and SMDR

DiscLight

Technical User
Aug 3, 2024
US
we use voicemail pro 9.1 and we do a lot of twinning and a lot of international phone calling.

we're trying to keep a tight control on international long distance and wondering if SMDR will record the twinned activity and is it possible that call record can also record a twined call?

Yes, the SMDR can capture twinned calls.

It's tagged as External Targeting Cause, and the TargetedBy Reason Code to filter on is MT ( Mobile Twinning )

Example Outputs.

Mobile Twinned Call Answered Internally​

Mobile Twinned Call Answered at the Mobile Twin​

Mobile Twinned Call Picked Up Using the Twinning Button​

@ DiscLight

It''s meant to but currently I have an issue where twinned call information is not being outputted to the SMDR. I think the issue started in R11.1 but haven't had time to spend downgrading a system to confirm this.

I suspect on an old 9.1 it should be fine best to make a call and see what the output is.

Would be great if you could test and report back the results.

FYI I logged my issue with Avaya and their answer was to say they would update the documentation to say twined calls wouldn't be outputted. That was a year ago I am going to try again.

oh that's great news yes I saw that code on the smdr and I appreciate you confirming that.

does smdr require licensing or is it open for me to send out to a collecting program? and lastly regarding recording twins calls we record all of our inbound and outbound call center calls if one of our field agents uses the twinning to mask his caller ID on his cell phone are we able to capture the audio conversation of the twin call using the call control feature. this is the one that allows the cell phone user to call in get a dial tone and then dial out and mask his caller ID with the office caller ID number. we'd like to record these conversations since they are sales calls and also international so we can make sure they're not abusing international long-distance for personal calls

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back