Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call record feature 989 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGTE

Vendor
Aug 5, 2009
US
I know class of service has to be changed (19 right?) but what is the procedure to record and retrieve ?

Feature 989. After the recording begins the recording is saved to the voicemail box associated with the user.

Assuming you are talking Call Pilot...
During conversation press F989....a prerecorded voice will advise that call is being recorded....this call will be saved as a message....to retreive access mailbox and listen to message(recording).
Be sure to increase message storage time and length in class of service.It is not necessary to change class of service, but to activate call recording option in user's class of service.

But it is really easy to change.

Log in with a laptop and crossover cable, navigate to MB COS, and put a check in allow recording.

While you're in there, you might want to change pswd expiry to 0. The customer will love you for it.

Thanks to all. More information than I could imagine.

Remind your users that they must delete the old recorded conversations or the CP storage will get eaten up pretty quickly. I would also limit the ability to only users who absolutely require it.

Great ! So now I can record a conversation and play it back on the phone. Is there a way to copy that to a PC sound file for distribution to others not on the phone system ? We have conferences that it would be great to copy to other people.

There's a little $10 handset cord adapter that works well for the "old school" method available from Radio Shack, too. It also works well to upload custom greetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back