Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call recall issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

db5

Technical User
Sep 1, 2014
AU
Have a strange one that I've come across and exhausted all options to try and figure this one out.

Calls come into a HG with 4 line keys which are programmed on the reception extension. All users have DDI's and call forwards set for No Answer Ext and Busy Ext to forward back to reception.

The problem is when the reception transfers a call to an extension the system seems to be ignoring the recall timer and waiting for the CFNA timer which in turn forwards the call back to reception on one of the line keys.

Because she is using the MiCollab console she is seeing this as a new call and answering it as such which is not making the bosses happy.

I have set the recall timer to less than the CFNA timer but no luck.

Anyone run into something similar?

Are you setting the timers against the stations or the trunks?

Try both if possible

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Yip, I’ve tried adding the timers against the trunks, station and even the HG with the line keys in.

Same outcome with all of them. The system disregards the recall timer and waits for the CFNA timer.

Could this be the issue? You are trying to forward back to the phone that transferred the call.

From the online help under Features, Call Forward , Conditions and Feature interactions
"Call Forward has no effect if the call forward destination calls the originating station"

As a test try and transfer the call to a phone that is not call forwarded back to the console and see if it forwards before it recalls.

Craig

or create a softkey for recalled calls and set that as the fwd destination so it comes back on a different key

also Micollab console isnt suppoirted with more than 2 lines for the console calls

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

So I have done some more testing, the minute the external no answer or busy is removed the system follows the recall timer and the call is recalled to the reception extension as it should.

I have tested by removing the key system line keys and sending the inbound calls straight to an extension but the same outcome is observed. The system waits for the CFNA timeout rather than following the recall.

I have tried recalling not to the main reception line but another key on the reception phone as suggested but this does not fix the issue, the recall timer is still ignored.

It is almost as if there seems to be a setting which ignores the recall timer if a call forward is enabled.

I have raised a ticket with Mitel and am waiting on some feedback.

What you have found is by design, look at the help file System Features for Recall.
I'm going to guess Mitel will tell you the same.

Help Files said:
Conditions and Feature Interactions

•A timed-out call that cannot Recall to the last party to handle the call (because that party is busy) will Camp-on to that party.
•The time-out period depends upon the circumstances of the call extension.
•Recall or ground button requires the use of a third wire or a second pair.
•Recall applies to incoming CO trunk calls only. Recall is not supported for internal calls.
•Alternate reroute for recalls to busy ACD Agents does not apply to calls that are distributed to remote ACD agents using Networked ACD.
•[highlight #FCE94F]The No Answer Recall timer is ignored if the device receiving the transfer has Call Forward No Answer or Call Rerouting First Alternatives set up.[/highlight]

Also look at the help files for Call Rerouting, it gives an example on what takes precedence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back