Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call quality degrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain08

Technical User
Apr 13, 2009
US
I got reports that upon joining of other calls into conferences the far end hears static. this is from multiple people from multiple conferences. what would that possibly be. one to one calls are fine.

This could be a LOT of things....

Generally it comes from an endpoint. Cell phone noise and bad connections would beard be heard by everyone in a call. Echo from a cell phone connection would also produce an echo for the entire call and everyone in it.

If it's just when any third party connects, I would check your network switch port settings. Make sure they're hard set for full duplex operation. Don't let them auto set themselves.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

seems to happen in conferencing situations...

a caller in house here dialed into his audio bridge (outside provider), I then dialed into that bridge from a seperate line and I heard alot of static on my end. Nobody else heard it. Seems to be happening to a lot of users on all different types of bridges.

Have you tried different bridge services to see if it's the bridge?

Look for some free conferencing bridges so you can test without cost.

It might just be the service you're using.

It could also be associated with your outside line provider.

If you have T1's, check them by entering the command:

list measurements ds1 log xxxxx

where xxxxx is the T1 board location. If you see error seconds on the board, you might want to look into the configuration of the circuit, or the health of the DS1 board.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

I have 11 PRI's and every single one of them have 0's across the board.

Not sure where this issue can be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back