Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call QOS Alarms would you trust it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashtest1000

Vendor
Jul 6, 2003
NZ
I have an IP500(5.0.15) with 8 X 1608 phone and 10 X 1616 phone running on a Dedicated Switch with a voice mail pro server.

The VM Pro server is running vmpro, call recording and CCC.
All calls are recorded

This is a isolated network not connected to the Internet no PCs connected to the switch apart from the VM Pro.
The Switch is a Juniper EX 3200 24 Port Switch POE.

I have noticed that the SSA is showing a higher than normal packet loss from 3.9 to 25% on a number of calls.

From what I know we shouldn’t be seeing any packet loss in this config. The switch is not showing any packet loss from its diagnostics.

My question is where would you start with fixing this I have noticed our in-house IPO also shows packet loss can you check your systems and see if they are doing the same?

Thanks in advance for reading all this :)

[cheers]

packet loss could be from a duplex or speed mismatch. try locking all of your ports to 100 full and see if you continue to get the alarms.

We show 3 occurences back on the 18th, one of which was 25%, but none since. If this was frequent, the first thing I would look for would be a pattern, e.g. a particular extension, on the list of QOS alarms. Also, a port on the switch that always seems to show a lot of activity would be worth investigating.

Do not always trust on what you see in the SSA.
Better look in the SysMon > Status > RTP sessions.
A high delay/jitter/loss are not good. Compare this to the SSA.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back