Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilot w/Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo0ord

Technical User
Feb 17, 2009
US
I have user who is having the following problem with his call pilot. We have the call pilot client 4.4.32 on all of our machines.

The issue the user has is this: He deletes a message from his call pilot desktop message folder in outlook, the message goes into the deleted items folder under his call pilot desktop messages folder. In the past once you have deleted the message it would permanently delete from the call pilot mailbox. Now the user logs into Citrix from home & finds the voice mails/faxes that were deleted during the day in the office they appear in his call pilot inbox. This problem follows the user regardless of logging in through Citrix or on a different pc in the office. I have seen several users with this issue. I have seen users that do not have this issue. Any assistance you provide will be appreciated.

Jo0ord

Sounds as if its an option in Outlook.
In Outlook, I can choose to delete all items in my deleted items folder, or keep them, when I close the application.

You can also try a new version of Desktop messaging. I've had great success with the 5.0 Desktop messaging for Meridain CallPilot on both BCM and Norstar.

-SD-

I know you can choose to permanently delete the deleted items folder upon exiting outlook, the issue I have is:
1 this option does not apply to the call pilot desktop messaging folder

2 Previously the user was able to delete messages from his call pilot inbox & they would be permanently deleted as opposed to going into the deleted items folder under call pilot desktop messaging.

Thanks for the response

Are the users with this problem running any type of Internet Explorer add-ons? Like Google Toolbar or anything of that nature? These would cause some funky behavior in the past.

-SD-

No they are not. Though i will take a look at the individual's laptop that is having this issue. Assuming they do not have a toolbar or anything of nature, what do you recommend? or do you know anyone that can share their experience with this issue?

We do not have a bcm, we have CS1000 & call pilot server 4.0. We have the latest client 4.0.4.32 deployed out in our environment. Some users do not have that issue & other users have it. I have tried uninstall/reinstall, i am going open a up case with MS about outlook causing the issue. Do you have any suggestions on what i should try next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back