Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Virtual Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPH123

Programmer
Jan 28, 2004
GB
All,

I am not familiar with Call Pilot, so would appreciate yr assistance.

We recently had an issue with the Virtual Memory on Call Pilot which we have now resolved, but we want to ensure that this is always sufficient. Is there a way to measure utilisation and keep a check of available memory?
If so, how would we do this?

Thanks in advance
Jimbo

Jimbo,

I've been told that I'll be tasked with maintaining our Callpilot. As of yet, I know very little about that system. But ours is going thru a "out of virtual memory" problem and Nortel has been working on it for a while now. May I ask how you may have resolved it on your end?

Thank you,

Titan

MPH123,
Generally, rebooting the CP should clear the memory (not a great fix). One common cause is poorly designed Applications. Apllications with "bad" loops in them can cause the virtual memory to disappear quickly. "Bad" loops are loops that cause the same greeting or option to be selected without some sort of user intervention. Best oprion for Applications is avoid loops altogether.

Good Luck
Jeff

We have the same problem with 7 of our release 4.04 call Pilots. Nortel has been working with us on the problem but currently the only fix is to reboot the call pilot every two weeks. I am told that SU02 will be out hopefully within the week and may address this issue.

Hi all

I have seen this problem on all my 4.04 pilots and it takes approx 3 weeks before thay freeze again. Do you have the nortel ticket number so I can look up thair progress.

John

CableGuy

I have just checked the nortel patch site and su02 has been released.

Regards

John

All

Just checked the readme and you have to install a new version of the manager 4.04.04.08 at the same tiome as the su02.

John

Yep got SU02 installed along with updating call manager and application builder. Per our Nortel contact they did not address the memory leak issue in this SU. Our current fix is to reboot every two weeks to make sure we maintain access during business hours.

Sorry for the delay in responding forgot to check the email notification.

guycable

Are all your rel 4.4 having this virtual memory problem? I am now beginnig to think that it may be limited to just some of the 20 we have install.

Regards

John

All 7 of our call pilot's appear to have the problem. After the first three exibited the problem I didn't really wait for the rest and just rebooted. One Call Pilot went very quickly where as the second one took a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back