Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Transfer Via Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

foneman3

Vendor
Jun 11, 2013
US
CCR Tree node programed to transfer off premise via route. Programed number is ##-XXX-XXXX. When you press transfer digit, you hear just one moment and a brief click. The arrow on that line briefly goes off and on and the call never transfers. Tried different Call Pilot and still happens. Any ideas? Would appreciate any help!

If you told it to use a route then did you try dialing the route code followed by the phone number?
ie. 9XXX-XXXX

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thanks for the reply! I only have two analog lines on the CICS. It works fine if I select pool and 1. It grabs the other line and completes an unsupervised conference. Selecting route should flash call and dial out on same C.O.?? I would put a 9 if I was using a pri? It seems like it worked and just quit working. I replaced the Call Pilot and software and that didn't make any difference. Maybe CICS? At a lose!

You did not mention that you want to transfer the call using the carriers feature where it does not tie up two of your lines for duration of call.

9 is not just for PRI
-You have Routes and Destination codes.....you tell the dest code to use a route of your choice, you tell the route to use the Pool or PRI of your choice.
-So if you have 2 lines in Pool A then you could remove 9 from Access Codes and instead assigne 9 to a Dest code then tell Route 001 to use Pool A.

To use the Flash option from your carrier (if they support "Call Transfer") then it would be:

Using Pool
Pool 1
Dial string #PXXX-XXXX (if 7 digit dialing)
P is for Pause

Using Route

Route 001 - Use Route 001
Dest Code 9 - Use Pool A
Dial string 9#PXXX-XXXX

Also make sure each line is set to Supervised

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thanks Curlycord, I wound up having to put 2 pauses because Cox treats call like a three way rather than an off premise call transfer. Call must be established prior to dropping off origination. Centurylink has better OPCF. I really appreciate the help! Your method worked!

Right
Carriers will have 3 way and Call Transfer where both use the same method, the only difference is you use Link/Flash or hangup at the end of the phone number to disconnect from the conference which is then "Call Transfer"
3 Way is usually part of a package where Call Transfer may not be therefore you would need to add the feature if available.

The problem though with some carriers is the need to wait for a call to be answered before releasing the call
i.e. Flash/Link in a dial string after the phone number- #9PXXX-XXXX#

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back