Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot to new M1

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeviedude

Technical User
Apr 3, 2010
GB
Hi,

R4.04 Call Pilot what is required to move it from switch A to Switch B?
Is there any reference in the CP server to associate it with a specific switch? I know on install you add the dongle id is switch ID info contained within this?

Yes there is, you will need to contact a Avaya Partner

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Perrypj can you elaborate about this on the forum or offline as it were?
I received a new keycode from Avaya but its same code as previous and same dongle id, with only updated info in electronic file on KRS being the new switch site id.
Tried to move the R4.o4 Call pilot from M1 switch A to M1 switch B recently but although AML ELAN and MGATE cards were enabled the Agents could not be controlled from the CP Manager maintenance channel pages. All Agents showed remote off duty. Put it back and all worked again.

The reason Perry told you to contact a Partner is that there is a procees that only a partner can perform.
1) A maintence fee is charged to move the licensing to another system.
2)Some partners require a fee to provide the Keycode.
3)If you are not the partner you may void any support doing this yourself. Depends on your partner. . . .

Kind of a catch 22 situation but there you have it. The manitnence fee as explained in the past is to keep fraud down. Then also being able to just move stuff loses partners money because of the protected business from Avaya.

Have fun . . .

DJ4020 Cheers for that, we are the partner and we had a fully kosher new keycode, which as mentioned was exactly same number except new switch assigned in site id.
My point is if this switch assignment appears in keycode is there somewhere the CP needs to know about it? Obviously keycode is same so that will not update info?

Trying to figure out why migration failed with all agents showing remote off duty on new switch.
Only other issue i have seen on our engineers install is that the on the CDN's the CNTL prompt was left as default NO.
So do we know if this should be YES as id expect it to be?
CDN's seemed to acquire ok but no agents to answer calls all showing Enabled (Logged out) on M1 and Remote Off Duty on CP.

ANy help appreciatted.

tested again...
It seemed to work with CNTL = YES on Agent ACD Q as well as putting the MGATE cards into fully wired slots that also had a working controller card on the shelf. Bless the engineer who had allocated previous slots!!!!

Thanks to PERRPJ and DJ4020 for taking time to respond, just a further thought is that by getting the migration to work with same keycode seems to point to my original synopsis that you can use a CP server anywhere but for Avaya support you would need to pay for keycode migration?

Yes you can put a CP server on any Nortel PBX as there is NO switch ID in the keycode. If you are T&M it doesn't matter about support and there are lots of parts for these out there. Avaya's new support model sucks and there are out to make lot's of money if they can.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back