Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot set up as Norstar VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver987

Vendor
Sep 22, 2004
US
I inherited a system that was already set up as a Norstar VM instead of CPVM. I have no experience with this so I tried using the standard CP codes and most work. What I need is to change the COS but the standard doesn't work. I log in, go to mailbox and press 1 but nothing happens. I can't find any reference for the CP set to NVM. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Wayne T

Try under Configuration/SystemProperties/ Primary UI Style
Under COS look for User Interface Style

Not sure what exactly you are trying to do though....is it the mailboxes with the wrong interface or the system?

NVM is the standard for Norstar and BCM
CP is the standard for Succession/Option

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Maybe I have it backwards? It is setup just the opposite of the norm. I am trying to walk a customer through COS change on their phone.
Thanks

Wayne T

Not so sure you can change COS on the phone.

Hidden codes
If you can when you see MBOX press 1 to change a setting in COS
Once you log into F983 then try pressing 6 to see if Interface is listed.

Otherwise best with Laptop.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Yes I tried that and nothing worked. I am assuming CP requires a different code or place.
Thanks for your help.

Wayne T

I think you are best to go to site to see for yourself.

"I am assuming CP requires a different code or place."
Not sure what you mean.

NVM is Norstar Voice Mail Interface
NVM codes are single digit when navigating the features or changes within a mailbox.
When you go into a Mailbox you will see "PLAY REC ADMIN"
NVM is the only interface used by all Nortar Voice Mail systems prior to Callpilot

CP is Callpilot Interface
CP codes are mostly 2 digits linke 7X and 8X with some single digits afterwards.
When you go into a Mailbox you will see "COMP MBOX EXIT"
CP Interface was designed to allow users that were in a PBX environment with it's version of Callpilot such as the Head Office and then relocated to a branch office that had the KEY systems such as Norstar or BCM to use the same Interface they were used to using at the Head Office.

Configuration/SystemProperties/ CallPilot User Interface
Select the Enable CallPilot User Interface check box if you want to let subscribers select
Norstar Voice Mail or CallPilot as their mailbox user interface.
This means "allow the COS levels to Enable or Disable this feature"
If it is Disabled then you cannot change this feature in COS and the Default Interface described below will be used.

Configuration/SystemProperties/ Primary UI Style
Select the Enable CallPilot User Interface check box if you want to let subscribers select
Norstar Voice Mail or CallPilot as their mailbox user interface
This means "the one you choose will be the default when creating mailboxes"

MailboxAdministration/ Class Of Service
If CallPilot User Interface is Enabled then you will be allowed to change any COS level to use CP or NVM

If you see the majority of users have "PLAY REC ADMIN" then make sure NVM is used in COS.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thanks for the reply. The system is on an island in the Puget sound so to visit the site would be an extreme cost. The old owner (now deceased) set up the system and when he initialized it he used the Call Pilot instead of the Norstar interface so that's where I'm at.
Can't find any books on that. All the customer wants to do is change the password in COS from 90 days to never expire. I tried opening 983 and mailbox, at that point the book I have says to press 1 but nothing happens, so I assume the codes are different or needs a different way in. Thanks again for your help.

Wayne T

Ok I can confirm 100/150 versions of CP do not have this option like the NAM does so you would need to have them do it via Browser and Laptop which would be easy to walk an IT'ish person through it.

Change Laptop IP to 192.168.110.11 Subnet 255.255.255.0 then connect to 192.168.110.10 on the web browser and walk them through it.....including changing the IP address and put it on their network.
Then you could remote into one of their PC's or use GoToMeeting type programs to program.
You can even change greetings remotely this way.

A nice billable remote call to keep Gilligan happy.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Got ya... Thanks for all your input, I may try getting them to hook up.
Again I am in your debt.
Thanks Curlycord.

Wayne T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back