Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Server cannot be located via Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomproPA

Technical User
Apr 20, 2006
US
hi folks, i have a strange issue, probably simple to fix, but i need some advice. i rebooted Call Pilot last thursday and now some of my end users can't connect to the server via Outlook. these users have Desktop Messaging set up on their PC's and can retrieve messages or check faxes from Outlook. i can Ping the server IP address from my desk, but end users still can't connect to the server.

make sure the network does not have a block on broadcast or at least multicast

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thanks, but it's always worked, so i don't think there's a block on the network. something is missing or got knocked out when i rebooted or after a power outage we had over the weekend. the outage was planned, but it's possible the server had a spike or reacted adversely to the outage. it's never easy..............LOL!!

Are you sure your network people haven't made any changes to DNS or something like that, even a few week ago? and when you finally rebooted the server, the changes took effect?

telecomproPA
Try to reboot the server once again :).
Do you see the users in callpilot configured ? Do they have the correct passwords ? Are the user accounts enabled ?

thanks for the feedback. how do i check to see if the user accounts are enabled? i checked my client PC and can't see where the settings are for desktop messaging. i use Call Pilot 1.07, which is pretty old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back