Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Reporter Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrf150

Technical User
Jun 26, 2003
US
I was just wondering how much is involved in installing call pilot reporter , I recieved a quote from our vendor and the labor cost is huge , It does not specify the number of hours but I've bought good used cars cheaper than this labor quote.

Basically you just add the CallPilot Manager to a separate server that meets their requirements and there is an option in the install to turn on Reporter.... you can not turn on reporter on the CallPilot Server. It may be necessary to add some PEP's on the 2 servers to get to current level that has some reporter fixes....

The JRE version it uses is a gotcha you have to watch out for... uses 1.3.x

So are you saying that every computer that connects to the Reporter needs to have JRE 1.3?

Jephph

Yes, otherwise you just get a gray screen when you try to look at reports....

hi I prepared myself for weeks to install reporter. Callpilot is already running. Read a lot of books. Now the software is installed(under windows) BUT the I can NOT start reporter since callpilot does not show me the icon, access with webbrowser also will NOT work. It seems to be the missing java applet. Have to go on find jRE and install.

It will only show the ICON if you are accessing the server with CPReporter installed.

It will not show up if you are accessing the CP Server......

Does Reporter come with Call Pilot or is it an add on that must be purchased separately?

I looked at the Call Pilot help and it says to start reporter from CPMgr Tools/Reporter but that option is not there on mine (CP v. 4).

So I don't know if we didn't buy it or if it just didn't get installed. Or if I even want it installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back