Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Remote Notiofication to E-Mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildman10

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2007
US
I am stumped. I can not get my system to send e-mail remote notofications for new messages. I've gone through the Call Pilot Admin online help, and I'm coming up blank.

*I have made sure the Class of Service has Remote Text Notification capabilities.

*I have configured an e-mail notification device.

*I have programmed the External Email Server Properties according to the information that our Email server guru gave me. (The system defaults to Secure port numbers for Incoming Mail Server, Outgoing Mail Server and LDAP. Should those be changed?)

*I have programmed the individual mailbox to allow notification by e-mail.

I must be missing a step somewhere. Can anyone help?

We recently set up Text Notification here and got it to work. It was quite confusing so I documented the steps so we could set it up on some of our branch sites:

In Messaging/Messaging Delivery Configuration, we added the exchange DNS to the SMTP/VPIM section in the field Outgoing SMTP Mail/Proxy Server.
In Messaging/External Email Servers we created a new email server.
Fields in Incoming Mail Server and Directory Services do not impact messaging, but need to have values.
In Messaging/Notification Device Classes we build a new class with mail server name as Email over SMTP name.

Sounds like you did all the correct steps in the individual mailboxes and COS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back