Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Remote Message Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdawg62

Vendor
Sep 16, 2013
CA
I have a customer with an emergency mailbox & a cascading remote message notification list. ( At least it's supposed to cascade! ) The problem is - if it hits voice mail on the first cell phone number it stops cascading, because it considers the notification complete. Has anyone experienced this & found a fix. I've heard a rumor about having the customer increasing the number of rings before the cell forwards to voice mail may work, but how many rings?? Many thanks!

I dont recall that to be the case.

It should leave a message on the cell phone something like...."calling with a message for Joe Blow, please press 1 to login or 2 if called wrong number".....and repeats it again in case you didn't hear it the first time.
You might get that call and vmail 5 times (15 minutes apart) depending on your Class Of Service - Retry Intervals & Number of Attempts.
Once it tries the 1st phone the 5 times then it then starts onto the next phone.

When no replies from all phones then it leaves a message in the norstar mailbox stating "unable to notify the number/s specified"

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks for the reply. I will go back to the site & look at / modify the class of service & see what happens. I was relying on the customer for accuracy regarding the functionality, as I didn't want to bother those on the list. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back