Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot RCC Link keep's going down between CP and Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipavek

Programmer
Apr 29, 2008
US
Hello All,
I have a CP 31.10.28.22
With RCC.
Everytime the Server loses power the RCC and IP Veiw stop's working. We have to Re-boot the CP to get the link working again. Anyone ever have this problem?

Not a surprise the RCC server supplies the info for IP View. A better question is why the RCC server loses power.

Adversity is Opportunity

The warehouse is in an area where they always lose power.
Network is on a battery back-up.
Not my RCC server though.
But everytime the server goes down you have to re-boot the CP. I would assume that the server and CP would just link up again, but that is not the case. Of course they have a very active Call Center and the customer does like the idea of rebooting all the time.
Any ideas?

You need that RCC server on a UPS. Having to reboot the Call Pilot so that it synchs with the RCC is not unusual, but having that RCC server on direct power with known issues, is.

I'll bet they lose more $, in the 5 mins. a reboot takes, than buying 4 UPSs.

Adversity is Opportunity

I know what you are saying............
But you would think that the RCC would just link up again.
Plus the customer states that the system never went down, the girls working there say that the light start flash all the time.
I've up-graded this system twice. Going out on Tuesday to do another up-grade.
Now I have asked our IT guy if there is a way I can check in the data base to see if the Server ever went down.
The customer is saying it's on 24/7. I have my doubts.

If you have known power issues I wouldn't do a thing on it until it was on a UPS!!!! Not only for the down time but as a protection for the server from damage.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back