Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot "Excel" spreadsheet format needed!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

switchdoctor

Vendor
Jun 12, 2005
US
I know there is a way to format a spreadsheet with user data so you can add many users at once. Does anyone have an example they can share?

Thanks!

TJ

Just make your spread sheet with what ever fields you wish to populate. DN, Last Name, First Name, etc...

I think you get an opportunity to map the fields during the upload.

I would reccoemdn that you save it as a csv as I have had much better luck with that file type than the xls.

Engine1,

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you elaborate on the csv idea?

TJ

I tried the csv and the xls format, they both failed. Is there a limit to the number of users you can add vial "bulk add user" process? Or maybe I didn't have enough fields populated? Needless to say, Nortels "Help" button is about as useless as they could make it. I don't think I've ever seen a more pathetic and useless document from any vendor. SHEEEEESSSSHHH!

I have added quite a few, at least 80 in one attempt that I can remember, with the 'bulk add' using excel format and been very pleased with it. You just need to make certain all the numbers are good and no duplicates that are in CP already and that you have the minimum data needed for a mailbox and it is pointed to the correct columns in the sheet. Probably need to do large amounts in the CP slow period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back