Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxtek

Technical User
Oct 6, 2005
BB
Hey guys. I got a customer with a call pilot, i actually set it up over a year ago. They now now have a new line on the system and want that line to have a voicemail box. What is the best way to achieve this? I would be able to figure it out if i could carry a laptop down there, but i dont have a laptop with a serial port anymore, seems like they dont come with them these days, so i can't even get the IP address for the call pilot which means i probably am going to have to do this with the phone. Thanks in advance.

has the ip address of the callpilot been chgd? the default ip is 192.168.110.10 have you tried that?...

Yes i believe i had changed it from the factory setting when i initially set it up. Im just trying to make sure i can do this with the 7316 phone and what the best way to do it is. Or do i need to do it with a pc?

Basically the new line is for a new division of their company, what they want is a company greeting on that line, that says "hi youve reached xxxxx, sorry we missed your call blah blah blah, please leave a message".. Should i just make the operator phone in the new division the primary set for that line, and then just give that set a mailbox? Or do i have to go the route of dealing with ccr trees etc? I would try this all out in my office if i could but i dont have one of those systems setup presently here, which is is why im posting here because i dont want to get to the customer and waste their time or mine if i am going to need the PC for sure.

You will need to use a phone. Make the new line ring & appear on the phone you want to ring. Set the FNA to voicemail and build the mailbox.

ptstechnician. By FNA, do you mean call forward no answer? I take it your going the simple route i asked about earlier, which is setting the CFNA to about 4 rings, then voicemail?
But since you are not using the AA at all with this route, does that mean i would have to set that set to be the prime set for that line?

i would just build a seperate table for that line and set up a grtg on it saying hello you have reached etc. to leave a message please press ext. xxx or you could just set-up a basic ccr to tell the caller to press for ex.1 and have that route to your ext. Or you could also do what ptstechnician stated also it's really whatever you feel more comfortable doing...

And make sure you program the new line to be answered by the appropriate table under AA/Lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back