Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot programming tips needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirePhones

Technical User
Dec 20, 2010
TR
I need your help as I have not really programmed any Call Pilots. I have a Norstar 824 installed with a Call pilot 100. I am currently using the call pilot only to play a company greeting before transferring to a Service Call Desk. Primary purpose of the greeting is to meet a requirement to notify callers that their calls are being recorded. I had a basic CCR tree with a transfer mode going to an extension. I am having problems with calls being dropped if not answered within four rings. I have just purchased the Basic Call center option and want to activate and program the Call Center. This will allow call queuing and prevent calls from being dropped.
How should I go about programming?
When activating the Call Center will the current programming be deleted? What is the best way to play a company greeting, Transferring calls to a few extensions and placing calls in a queue waiting for the call to be answered.

I appreciate any advice. I have installed many basic Norstar systems but never got into the complicated stuff!

Thanks,
Dave

i don't beleive the call pilot is compatible with the old 824

WORK SMART NOT HARD

If I were you I'd call somebody in that knows how to set up a Call Center, there is to much to program to explain on here. There are docs CAll Center set up and operation guide.

Thanks for the replies. I installed several Norstar systems years ago. They were the basic installs with only loop start cards and never any CallPilots. Last year I was approached to find a solution for our service call desk. I ordered a Call Parrot from Telstrat and installed. The user wanted to play a greeting stating that their conversations wer being recorded. I then purchased the CallPilot. Yes it is compatible with the 824 but only after a certain version. I installed the CallPilot and programmed the lines being monitored for the Auto Attendent with a CCR tree with a transfer mode. No problem. System works. Only problem I have no Queue and they calls are dropped if not answered within four rings. I now have the Option Code and will activate the Basic Call Center to have the Queue. I have the documentation and have read them. Just have a few questions.
1. When installing the option for the Call Center will I loose the existing configuration?
2.What would your recommendation be for this basic setup? Caller reaches the CallPilot, Message is played and transfers to IC or ???(Skillset), if another caller calls in the will be placed in the queue.

Thanks,

1. existing programming will not be touched

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back