Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Password Unreliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemanspudd

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2006
US
Lately, I have been constantly having to reset user's passwords on call pilot, because, for some reason, call pilot is not recognizing passwords both when they are set and when people are accessing there accounts. No other problems with the phone system has been reported, there are no missdialed calls due to incorrect #'s, and it sometimes takes typing in the password 6 to 8 times to initially set it.

Is this a common problem? and if so, is there a solution?

what is your security level? if someone changes that on an active system, that problem can occur.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sometimes if you do not wait for the prompt it will tell you that your password is incorrect. It does that to me sometimes. Maybe try short prompts and see how that works?

Are they doing this from a cell phone, digital phone inside the facility? If it is a consistantly from outside the facility, you may want to see if they are constantly hitting the same route and same trunk types; I saw a similar thing happen (they also couldn't dial menu options on a Call Pilot application) and we had to change the way a PRI was programmed and I want to say it went from DID to VCE or the reverse. Sorry, it was a while back; see if you can determine where the call is originating from.

Thanks for the replies, all...

No, thankfully, the security level hasn't been changed at all lately, and all of the calls have been from inside the facility on our digital phone system.

I'll try changing it to short prompts, and see if that's what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back